Trainee Adviser role
Commitment: minimum 1 days per week (or 2 half days)
Recruitment timetable: Monthly Recruitment throughout the year
General duties: An initial 5 weeks of training to the Assessor role (a triage service). Volunteers in this role find out what the client issue is and then either give information, signpost elsewhere, pass to an advisor or book an appointment, they do not give advice. Once trained and certificated to this role (approx 25 weeks) you have the option to move on to training for the Adviser role which has similar training over another 25 week period.
Marketing and PR Assistant (Placement Volunteer)
Citizens Advice Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole is offering Marketing and PR students a 40 week placement based within the centre of Bournemouth.
Commitment minimum: 4-5 days per week
Restrictions: none, but preference for local knowledge
Recruitment timetable: Ad hoc throughout the year
General duties: To promote the organisation’s services, campaign work and volunteer opportunities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creating Marketing and Campaign plans
- Supporting Research and Campaigns
- Co-ordinating campaign activities and promoting events
- Collaborating with external partners on campaign projects
- Designing marketing collateral such as posters and leaflets
- Managing social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Writing press releases and inserts for local magazines
- Keeping the website up-to-date with news stories and service updates
- Promoting volunteer opportunities
Other duties may include
- Assisting with the design and distribution of the internal and external online newsletter
- Creating and sending out surveys
- Supporting the promotion of Pension Wise
- Researching and supporting applications for funding
- Administrative duties such as recording of campaign activities
It is expected that the Marketing Assistant will keep up to date with current news within Citizens Advice, attend at least one Advice Service Session briefing per week and gain a good understanding of the frontline work of volunteer Advisers. The right candidate would be able to manage their own workload and have good computer literacy skills.
If interested in applying for the Marketing & PR Assistant role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment: Quarterly evening board meetings, additional commitment depending on the role
Recruitment timetable: currently recruiting to specific roles Marketing / Promotion, Fundraising, Personnel / Human Resources, Buildings / Property, Legal in terms of reviewing contracts, etc
General duties: We would like you to outline proven strategic experience in one of the areas mentioned and the ability to input to strategic decision making.
We would expect all of our volunteers to provide us with a minimum commitment of 6-12 months initially
Even if we are not recruiting to your chosen role, we welcome your application and will contact you when the next intake begins.
There is general information about volunteering with the Citizens Advice service on www.citizensadvice.org.uk