Healthy Homes Dorset helps people live in warmer, healthier homes with lower heating bills. Everyone can get free, impartial advice on how to keep your home warmer for less.
- find out if there are any heating or insulation grants you might be entitled to and make sure you’re on the best energy tariff.
- help, if you’re eligible, with insulating your home for free and sign you up for extra support during a water or power cut.
- help if your home is damp or draughty, if you’re in debt to your gas or energy supplier or if there are any benefits you’re not claiming.
If someone in your household meets the following criteria, Healthy Homes Dorset will install insulation, and in some cases, new heating systems completely free of charge:
- Has a cardiovascular condition
- Has a respiratory condition
- Has a mental health condition
- Has a disability
- Is aged 65 or over
- Is a child under 5
- Is pregnant
- Is living with addiction
- Has attended hospital due to a fall
- Is a recent immigrant and asylum seeker
- Has a low income
In many cases and where necessary, they will also be able to carry out work (free of charge) to prepare your home for insulation e.g. repairing cracked walls or render, or cutting a larger loft hatch.